Skip to content
Smoked Yellow Squash Casserole
Write a Review
- 4 cups yellow squash, sliced
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 35 Ritz Crackers
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shreeded
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces milk
- 2 ounces butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Ben's Heffer Dust Rub
- 1 teaspoon Colden's Freakin' Greek Rub
- 2 ounces butter, cubed for topping
- Pre-heat recteq grill or wood pellet grill to 400°F.
- Slice squash on a non-stick mat and cook for 8–10 minutes until slightly soft.
- In a bowl, combine the crushed crackers and cheese. Reserve half for the topping.
- Combine the eggs, milk, melted butter, and seasonings in a large bowl. Add the squash mixture to a well-greased baking dish, then add remaining topping and dot with the butter.
- Cook on the recteq at 400°F for 30 minutes until golden brown.
Credit: Recipe created by recteq on behalf of Kingsford. recteq wood pellet grills allow you to become a true pitmaster with the push of a button. After all, it’s more than a grill…It’s a lifestyle! Check out the recteq website.
Pellets used: Kingsford® Hardwood Pellets — Signature