Skip to content
Smoked Pumpkin Pie
Write a Review
- 3–4 pounds pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- pastry dough for 9" pie crust
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Quarter pumpkin and remove seeds and pulp.
- Pre-heat recteq grill to 225°F and smoke pumpkin for around 2 hours, or until fork tender.
- Allow smoked pumpkin to cool enough to handle and separate the “meat” from the “skin.”
- Puree pumpkin until smooth, targeting a texture reminiscent of canned pumpkin; if pumpkin moisture content is low, add evaporated milk during puree as necessary.
- In a large bowl, combine all pie filling ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Line a 9” pie plate with pastry, trim and flute edges, and pour filling into crust.
- Cook pie at 350°F for 60–70 minutes until the custard is set.
- Cover edges with foil during last 15 minutes or so to prevent over-browning, if necessary.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate overnight or until fully set.
- Whipped Cream
11) In a small, chilled bowl, beat the cream, syrup, bourbon, and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Dollop or pipe onto pie.
Credit: Recipe created by recteq on behalf of Kingsford. recteq wood pellet grills allow you to become a true pitmaster with the push of a button. After all, it’s more than a grill…It’s a lifestyle! Check out the recteq website.