Smoked MOINK Balls (AKA Bacon Wrapped Beef Meatballs)Write a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 6 Servings
- Cook time: 20–25 minutes
- 36 frozen beef meatballs (defrosted)
- 12 slices bacon
- ¼ cup BBQ dry rub
- 1 cup Cherry Chipotle BBQ Sauce (recipe follows)
- 1 (18 oz.) bottle barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup cherry juice
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp. chipotle powder
- Prepare grill for indirect cooking, placing pre-heated Kingsford® briquets on one side of the charcoal grate and leaving the other side of the grill cool. Add 2–3 chunks of your favorite smoking wood to the charcoal, place main cooking grate on the grill, and cover the grill until ready to use.
- To prepare the MOINK balls, cut bacon slices into thirds and wrap each meatball with bacon. Secure bacon with a toothpick then dust meatballs with BBQ dry rub seasoning. Place MOINK balls on the cool side of the grill, cover, and allow them to cook for 20–25 minutes until the bacon is browned and crisp.
- Cherry Chipotle BBQ Sauce: Combine ingredients in a small saucepan and warm over medium-low heat for approximately 10 minutes until the cherry juice has reduced and the sauce has thickened. Remove from the heat and use immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Credit: Recipe by Clint Cantwell, adapted from the original MOINK Ball created by Larry Gaian.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.