Skip to content
Smoked Crawfish Gravy
Write a Review
- 1 pound bacon, cut into ½” pieces
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup green bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped celery, chopped
- ¼ cup jalapeños, finely chopped and seeded
- 3 tablespoons smoked garlic
- 2 teaspoons Cajun season
- 2 tablespoons Ron’s Screamin’ Pig Rub
- 1 quart chicken broth or shrimp stock
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails
- ½ cup scallions, chopped
- Pre-heat recteq grill or wood pellet grill to 400°Fwith a large cast iron skillet.
- Sauté the bacon and allow the fat to render and bacon to crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon, keeping at least 6 tbsp of bacon grease.
- Add the flour, stir, and allow the roux to develop a very dark brown color.
- Add the onion, celery, bell pepper, and jalapenos and allow them to cook in the roux for 10–15 minutes until tender.
- Add the garlic and seasonings and sauté 4–5 minutes.
- Add the stock and allow to simmer and thicken, stirring frequently, for 15–20 minutes.
- Add the crawfish and scallions and allow to cook 3–5 minutes.
Credit: Recipe created by recteq on behalf of Kingsford. recteq wood pellet grills allow you to become a true pitmaster with the push of a button. After all, it’s more than a grill…It’s a lifestyle! Check out the recteq website.
Pellets used: Kingsford® Hardwood Pellets — Signature