Skip to content
Smoked Buttermilk Biscuits
Write a Review
- 2 cups smoked all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Add the flour to a baking dish and place in the recteq grill or wood pellet grill at 200°F for 1–2 hours, then allow to cool.
- Add all dry ingredients into mixing bowl and combine. Add shortening in bowl and mix until crumbly. Slowly add in buttermilk and mix by hand until a ball forms.
- Place dough mixture on floured surface and knead with hands for 5-10 minutes. Then roll into a ¾-–½” thick sheet. Use cookie cutter or pint glass to cut biscuits.
- Place biscuits on a lightly greased baking sheet and then put in recteq at 425°F for 15–20 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown. Brush the tops with butter if desired.
Credit: Recipe created by recteq on behalf of Kingsford. recteq wood pellet grills allow you to become a true pitmaster with the push of a button. After all, it’s more than a grill…It’s a lifestyle! Check out the recteq website.
Pellets used: Kingsford® Hardwood Pellets — Maple