Smoked Bacon Wrapped WingsWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 1 h
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- 12 chicken drummettes
- your favorite BBQ dry rub seasoning
- 6 slices bacon
- Sriracha ranch dipping sauce (recipe follows)
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha (more if you prefer a spicier sauce)
- Sriracha Ranch Dipping Sauce directions: br>Combine ingredients in a small bowl and blend well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare grill for two-zone cooking, placing preheated charcoal briquets on one side of the bottom grill grate to create a hot and a cool zone. Add 2–3 chunks of your favorite smoking wood to the charcoal and replace the top grate on the grill. Adjust bottom vents to bring the grill temperature to approximately 350°F.
- Season drummettes liberally with BBQ dry rub seasoning and wrap each wing tightly with ½ slice of bacon. Place the bacon wrapped drummettes seam-side down on the cool half of the grill and cover the grill. Allow the drummettes to smoke for approximately 1 hour until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165° and the bacon is browned and crisp. Serve immediately with Sriracha ranch dipping sauce.
- The hickory charcoal marries perfectly with the smoky bacon and chicken.
- Credit: Clint Cantwell, Kingsford.com Editorial Director
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.