Skip to content
Smoked 4-Onion Dip
Write a Review
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced small
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, diced small
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Ben’s Heffer Dust Rub
- 1 tablespoon Colden’s Freakin’ Greek Rub
- ¼ cup Madeira wine
- 12 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pre-heat recteq grill or wood pellet grill to 350°F with a large cast iron pan
- Add the butter and the chopped onions and leeks, then cook for 35–45 minutes until golden brown. Add the Madeira and cook until the liquid has mostly evaporated (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from the grill and let chill.
- In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, Ben’s Heffer Dust Rub, Colden’s Freakin’ Greek Rub, green onions, and Worcestershire. Add the chilled caramelized onions, mix well, and allow to rest in the fridge for 1–2 hours.
Credit: Recipe created by recteq on behalf of Kingsford. recteq wood pellet grills allow you to become a true pitmaster with the push of a button. After all, it’s more than a grill…It’s a lifestyle! Check out the recteq website.
Pellets used: Kingsford® Hardwood Pellets — Hickory