Seared and Saucy SteaksWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- 3–4 boneless rib-eye steaks (about 2 pounds total)
- kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup harissa sauce prepared
- 1/3 cup chimichurri sauce
- Build a charcoal fire for high direct grilling with Kingsford® charcoal. Place a large cast iron pan on the grates to preheat. While the grill and pan heats, season the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the pan is hot, melt the butter, swirling it around to coat the pan evenly. Place the steaks into the pan, and cook for 4–5 minutes per side for medium rare, longer if desired. Baste with the melted butter during cooking.
- Remove steaks from the pan and let rest for 5–10 minutes. Drizzle with the harissa and chimichurri sauces and serve hot.
- Credit: Recipe created by New York City’s competition barbecue team for the One Bite Challenge presented by Walmart category of the Kingsford® Invitational.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.