Santa Fe Chops with Firecracker SalsaWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 6 Servings
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 can (20 oz.) pineapple tidbits drained
- 1 jalapeño chile seeded, minced*
- 1 medium cucumber diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 6 boneless pork center loin chops 1½-inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In small bowl, mix together chili powder, cumin, pepper and salt. Rub evenly onto both sides of chops. Prepare a medium-hot fire in a kettle-style grill. Grill chops directly over fire for a total of 12–15 minutes, turning once, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160°F. Serve with Firecracker Salsa.
- In small bowl, stir together pineapple tidbits, diced cucumber, lime juice, brown sugar, salt and jalapeño chile (*wear rubber gloves when handling hot chile). Cover and refrigerate 4–24 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Credit: The National Pork Board
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.