Saddleback BBQ Baby Back RibsWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 1 Servings
- Cook time: 5 h
- Prep time: 3 minutes
- 1 half rack baby back ribs
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Preheat the smoker to 250°F using Kingsford® Charcoal.
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients together to make dry rub. After removing the membrane from your ribs, apply the rub thoroughly.
- Smoke the ribs for 3¬–5 hours. Pork ribs should reach an internal temperature of 195–203°F, but you can go by the feel of the ribs. When you bend the ribs you should notice some of the meat pulling away from the bone, which is how you know you’re finished.
- To finish, apply additional dry rub or your favorite barbecue sauce and serve with corn cake and pickles.
- Saddleback BBQ Tip:
We believe great ribs shouldn’t fall off the bone. Instead, we cook them till they are tender, have a little chew to them, and in our humble opinion, the juiciest ribs around.
- Credit: Recipe created by Matt Gillett, Travis Stoliker and Drew Piotrowski of Saddleback BBQ on behalf of Kingsford Charcoal
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.