Skip to content
Pumpkin Frosted & Apple Spice Cupcakes
Write a Review
Apple Spice Cupcakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 stick unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Ray’s Warm Apple Pie Rub
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 5–7 cups powdered sugar
Apple Spice Cupcakes
- Pre-heat recteq grill or wood pellet grill to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, Ray’s Warm Apple Pie Rub, and allspice. Mix to combine and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the room temperature butter and brown sugar, beating using an electric mixer until combined and creamy (about 30 to 60 seconds).
- Add in eggs and beat again.
- Add applesauce and lightly beat.
- Gradually add in flour mixture, mixing by hand with a spatula until it’s just incorporated in. The batter will be thick.
- Fill each muffin tin ¾ full with batter. Bake for 19–21 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool in a pan for 10 minutes, then move them onto a cooling rack to cool.
- Place room temperature butter in mixing bowl. Beat using an electric mixer until smooth (1 minute).
- Add in the pumpkin puree and the pumpkin pie spice to the mixing bowl. Mix using a spatula.
- Add in the powdered sugar, one cup at a time. Mix with a spatula at first so the powdered sugar does not go everywhere. Once all the powdered sugar is incorporated, beat the buttercream using an electric mixer. Beat for 1–2 minutes or until smooth.
Credit: Recipe created by recteq on behalf of Kingsford. recteq wood pellet grills allow you to become a true pitmaster with the push of a button. After all, it’s more than a grill…It’s a lifestyle! Check out the recteq website.
Pellets used: Kingsford® Hardwood Pellets — Classic