Pork Belly Sliders with Dill Mayo and Bread & Butter PicklesWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 2 h
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- 5 pounds slab of skin-off pork belly
- ¼ cup BBQ rub
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 cups root beer
- 1 bay leaf
- your favorite mayo
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2 white onions, large chunks
- 2 tablespoons white onion, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, whole
- slider buns
- bread and butter pickles
- salt and pepper
- juice of one lemon
- butter for toasting buns
- Set Masterbuilt Gravity Series to 400°F.
- Slather pork belly with yellow mustard on all sides and generously season with your favorite barbecue rub.
- Grill seasoned pork belly on all sides until well caramelized, about 4–5 minutes per side.
- Remove and add pork belly to 1/2 size disposable aluminum pan. Reduce your Gravity Series temp to 300°F.
- Add beef stock, root beer, bay leaf, garlic and onions to the aluminum pan with the pork belly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add to your Gravity Series and cook unwrapped for 2 hours.
- Baste pork belly every 30 minutes with drippings and braising liquid.
- Pork belly is done when a knife can easily penetrate the meat layer.
- Allow pork belly to rest in its braising liquid for at least 2 hours, or until cool enough to handle but still warm.
- In a mixing bowl, add mayo, salt and pepper, minced onion, lemon juice and chopped dill. Mix well and set aside.
- Butter your slider rolls on each side and toast on the Gravity Series.
- Remove your cooked and rested pork belly from the braising liquid. Slice 1.5’’ thick roughly the size of your slider roll.
- Spread your mayo mixture generously on both sides of your toasted slider bun.
- Bonus points if you reduce your braising liquid into a glaze and drizzle that over each slice of pork belly before assembling your sandwiches.
- Credit: Recipe created by Jean-Paul Bourgeois on behalf of Kingsford and Masterbuilt
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.