Pollo AsadoWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 6-8 Servings
- Cook time: 35 minutes
- Prep time: 1 day, 35 minutes minutes
- 2 whole split chickens (4 halves)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1.5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- Juice from chipotle in adobo
- Make rice, beans and tortillas.
- Cool rice and beans to warm up next day.
- Cook and cooltortillas,then place in storage bagand leave at room temp to warm up next day.
- Fire up the charcoal grill using Kingsford charcoal and heat to 375°F. Pro tip: Light thorough coating of Valentina’s red rub for maximum flavor. Salt andpepper will work too.
- Place chicken with bone side up cover for 10 minutes.
- Then, flip chicken and baste with marinade. Cook cover for another 10 minutes,periodically basting with marinade.
- Next, uncover and move chicken away from coals to cooler side of grill and allow to finish off reaching an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Grill jalapeños with a touch of olive oil and salt.
- Warm tortillas on grill and serve whole or pulled with rice, beans, chopped onion, cilantro, charredjalapeños and lime wedges.
- Credit: Recipe created by Miguel Vidal, owner of Valentina’s Tex Mex BBQ, on behalf of Kingsford
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.