Skip to content
Pit Beef Sandwiches
Write a Review
- 3 tablespoons Kingsford™ Original All-Purpose Seasoning
- 2 pounds beef top round
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup prepared hot horseradish, drained
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 hamburger buns or Kaiser rolls
- 1 sweet white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- iceberg lettuce (optional)
- Sprinkle rub all over the beef, patting it in. Place on a plate or in a baking dish, and cover with plastic wrap. You can let the rub marinate for a few hours, but for maximum flavor, leave it for 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator, turning once a day.
- While the beef is marinating, mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise and horseradish in a small bowl. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Refrigerate for at least a few hours.
- Using Kingsford® Original Charcoal, build a fire for direct grilling and preheat to 400°F. Oil the grill grates to prevent sticking.
- Grill the beef 30 to 40 minutes, or until the outside has a nice bark, and is dark brown and the internal temperature reaches 120°F (for rare). Turn the beef often. For your safety, please reference the USDA safe cooking temperatures.
- Transfer to a cutting board; let it rest at least 10 minutes.
- Slice the beef very thinly across the grain. Divide the beef and pile it onto the rolls.
- Garnish each with the sliced onion and tomato (and the lettuce if using) and spoon on a few tablespoons of the horseradish sauce. Serve immediately.
- Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball. Visit MLB.com.