Pickled Ginger Slaw and Sriracha Lime Mayo BurgerWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1½ pounds ground beef (preferably an 80/20 blend)
- kosher salt and pepper
- pickled ginger slaw (recipe follows)
- sriracha lime mayo (recipe follows)
- 4 hamburger buns (lightly toasted)
- 12 oz. package broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup pickled ginger (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Pickled Ginger and Sesame Slaw Instructions:
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour so all of the ingredients have time to meld.
Sriracha-Lime Mayo Instructions:
Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
Fire up a full chimney of Original Kingsford® Charcoal, or light a pile of about 100 briquets. Configure the coals for a two-zone fire, placing the briquets on one half of the charcoal grate to create a hot zone for grilling and a cool zone for moving the burgers during flare-ups. Adjust the bottom grill vents for medium-high heat cooking, approximately 400–425°F.
Form ground beef into four patties and season liberally with kosher salt and pepper. Grill burgers until they reach an internal temperature of 160°F. Spread sriracha-lime mayo on the top and bottom buns, place burger patties on the bottom bun, top with pickled ginger and sesame slaw, add the top bun and serve immediately.
- Credit: Clint Cantwell