Peg Leg Porker BBQ Smoked Green Beans
- Yields: 6–10 Servings
- Cook time: 3 h
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- 6 cups green beans, trimmed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups water, plus more for boiling
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ white onion, cut into slivers
- ¼ pound bacon
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for boiling water
- 1 bag Kingsford® Charcoal
Blanch green beans in well-salted boiling water until bright green in color and tender crisp, for about 5 minutes.
In a large casserole dish, add beans, water and apple cider vinegar. Then add onion, bacon, pepper and salt.
Build a fire using Kingsford® Charcoal and place ingredients in an uncovered smoker at 225°F. Smoke for 3 hours.
Remove from the grill and serve hot with your favorite smoked meat.
Casey Bringle Tip:
This recipe is similar to other traditional Southern green beans, but by adding that Kingsford® Charcoal smoke we give another depth of flavor.
- Credit: Recipe created by Carey Bringle of The Peg Leg Porker on behalf of Kingsford Charcoal