Skip to content
Not Your Average Jalapeño Poppers
Write a Review
- 10 fresh jalapeños, seeded and halved lengthwise (Add a portion of the seeds to stuffing mixture for extra spicy heat)
- 1 can Rotel, drained and placed on paper towels to soak up any extra juices and par dry (too much juice will compromise the stuffing consistency)
- 1 block cream cheese, softened
- ½ lb your favorite ground sausage (we love green onion sausage!)
- ½ lb thin sliced bacon
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine cream cheese, Rotel, salt, pepper to taste.
- Fill jalapeños with cream cheese mixture.
- Form small log with ground sausage, placing it onto cream cheese mixture.
- Place bacon strip on cutting board and press/stretch out gently with hands. (Thinning out bacon will ensure a crispy grilled product and make bacon go further. Depending on size of jalapeños you may only use 1/2 a strip per popper.
- Wrap jalapeños with bacon, making sure your bacon strip ends on the bottom (jalapeño side).
- Grill over your favorite Kingsford® flavor briquet until bacon is crispy and meat is cooked through. Once you place your jalapeño poppers (jalapeño side down) on grill, LEAVE IT ALONE until your bacon gets a solid seal. Rotating your poppers too early will make your bacon come apart. If you create a two-zone fire (placing Kingsford® briquets to one side of your grill) you can control your cooking temperature. Shifting poppers around (not turning over) as needed to ensure bacon is crisping up evenly.