Morning After Bud BurgerWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 6 Servings
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 lb. Smithfield® fresh ground pork
- ½ cup Budweiser beer*, divided
- 1 tablespoons dry rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 everything bagels (thin or regular), toasted
- 6 frozen hash brown patties, cooked according to package directions
- 6 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 fried eggs, over easy
- sriracha or other hot sauce, optional
- Heat grill to medium using Kingsford® Charcoal. Gently combine ground pork, 1/4 cup beer, sage, poultry seasoning black pepper and cayenne in bowl. Shape into 6 (1-inch thick) burgers.
- Grill burgers about 5 minutes per side until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion slices in oil over medium heat until very tender and golden brown. Add remaining 1/4 cup beer and continue cooking until liquid has evaporated.
- Place 1 hash brown patty on bottom of each toasted bagel; top with slice of cheese. Layer burger, fried egg and onions on top of the cheese. If desired, sprinkle with hot sauce; close sandwich to serve.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.