Miso Grilled Shibuya ShrimpWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 12 Servings
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons white or yellow miso
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1½ pounds pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined (at least 36)
- 24 small shishito peppers
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked
- In a large bowl, whisk together the miso, lime juice, mirin, olive oil, ginger, garlic and brown sugar until the sugar is dissolved and everything is well combined. Add in the shrimp and rub to coat evenly. Let sit 20 minutes while the skewers soak.
- Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling using Kingsford® Charcoal and preheat to medium-high heat (about 450°F). Brush grate with oil.
- Thread the skewers with 3 shrimp and 2 peppers each, starting and ending with shrimp. Place on the grill and cook until the peppers are slightly charred and the shrimp is cooked through, about 2–3 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.