Memphis BBQ DogWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 8 Servings
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- 8 hot dogs
- 16 oz. pulled pork
- 2 tbsp. apple juice
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce*
- 2 cups Tangy Southern Slaw (recipe follows)
- 8 hot dog buns
- 14 oz. bag classic coleslaw mix
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tbsp. kosher salt
- Place coleslaw mix in a large mixing bowl. Combine the sugar, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar and salt in a medium bowl and stir well. Add the mayonnaise mixture to the coleslaw mix and blend until all of the cabbage is well coated. Refrigerate the coleslaw mixture until ready to use.
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat cooking, approximately 400°F. Lay out a double sheet of aluminum foil approximately 12 inches long. Place the pulled pork in the center of the foil and fold up the edges. Add the apple juice then top with barbecue sauce. Crimp the ends of the foil to create a packet and lay the packet crimp side up on the grill to allow the pork and sauce to warm as you cook the hot dogs.
- Place hot dogs on the grill and cook for 4–5 minutes until cooked through, turning frequently to brown evenly. Remove the hot dogs and foil packet from the grill. Gently open the foil packet to allow the steam to escape then stir the sauce and pork to coat the pork evenly. Assemble the hot dogs by placing each wiener into a bun then topping with 1½ –2 oz. pulled pork and coleslaw. Serve immediately.
- *NOTE: Omit sauce if using packaged store bought pulled pork as it is pre-sauced
- Credit: Clint Cantwell
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.