Skip to content
Mediterranean Quinoa Stuffed Grilled Peppers
Write a Review
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 8 peppers, insides and tops removed
- 1 large cucumber or 3 pickling cucumbers, sliced lengthwise into ¼-inch slices
- 1 (16-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1 large bunch oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Precook quinoa according to directions so it is ready to be mixed with the other ingredients for stuffing the peppers.
- Load Masterbuilt Gravity Series 800 with Kingsford® Original Charcoal and set temp to 400°F.
- Cut off the tops of the peppers and remove the membrane from the inside.
- Slice cucumbers lengthwise.
- Grill the cucumbers until they form nice char marks, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and chop up.
- In a large bowl combine the quinoa, garbanzo beans, cucumber, oregano, feta cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the peppers. Top with extra feta cheese.
- Let the peppers cook on warming rack of the Masterbuilt Gravity Series for 15 minutes or until the peppers are fork tender.
- Garnish with oregano.
Credit: Recipe created by Robyn Lindars - Recipe Developer, Grilling Expert, Editor in Chief of Grill Girl Magazine and GrillGirl.com – on behalf of Kingsford and Masterbuilt