Malaysian Beef RendangWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- 2 to 3 pounds beef roast (cut into 2” sizes)
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 large potato
- 2 large carrots
- 2 cans (13 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 cup beef stock
- ½ cup cooking wine
- 1 cup yellow curry
- 10 kaffir lime leaves
- ½ cup diced lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- ½ cup sliced shallots
- 1 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 ounces fresh cilantro
- 3 ounces sliced green onion
- Season beef roast with salt and pepper.
- Wipe the grates with vegetable oil and brown all sides of the beef roast on the grill.
- Remove the browned roast, set aside. Set the grill temperature to 350°F.
- Sauté onions in remaining vegetable oil in dutch oven. Add shallots, lemongrass, garlic, onion and cook until the edges are brown and the pot is fragrant.
- Deglaze dutch oven with white wine and stock. Add coconut milk and the browned beef
- Add yellow curry, kaffir lime leaves, toasted coconut, and the cinnamon stick. Braise at 350°F on the grill for 2 hours.
- Add in the potatoes and carrots, continue to cook for another ½ hour or until meat is tender to your preferences. Skim any undesired fat from top of liquids. Serve with Jasmine Rice. Garnish with sliced green onion and cilantro.
- Credit: Recipe created by Howard and Anita Hsu of Sweet Auburn BBQ on behalf of Kingsford and Masterbuilt
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.