Lemon Flank Steak SkewersWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 12–16 Servings
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- 4 (2-pound) flank steaks
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 50 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- Lemon Dipping Sauce (recipe follows)
- lemon wedges garnish:
- 2 (16-ounce) containers reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated horseradish
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- garnish: lemon zest
- Lemon Dipping Sauce Instructions:Combine first 5 ingredients; cover and chill at least 1 hour. Garnish, if desired.
- Instructions:Cut steaks diagonally into ¼-inch slices. Combine olive oil and next 4 ingredients in a shallow dish or zip-top plastic freezer bag; add steak. Cover or seal, and chill 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread each steak slice onto 1 skewer.
- Grill beef, covered with grill lid, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Serve with Lemon Dipping Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
- Credit: Recipe courtesy of All Fired Up by Southern Living and Troy Black (Oxmoor House)
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.