Korean Short RibsWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 8 minutes
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin rice wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 5 pounds flanked beef short ribs (i.e., cut ½-inch thick)
- Combine soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar, onion powder, granulated garlic, and sesame oil in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Place short ribs in a large re-sealable bag and add the marinade. Seal the bag while removing as much air from the bag as possible. Refrigerate for 4–6 hours.
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat cooking, approximately 425°F. Remove the short ribs from the bag and pat dry with paper towels. Grill for approximately 3–4 minutes per side until nicely browned. Remove and serve immediately.
- Credit: Clint Cantwell
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.