Skip to content
Jeff's Texas Style BBQ Beef Ribs
Write a Review
- 1 rack 123A beef plate short ribs, or any beef short ribs, trimmed & mid-section of ribs 6 through 8 only
- ½ cup kosher salt
- ½ cup coarse black pepper
- 1 bag Kingsford® Pecan Charcoal
- Using a dinner knife, remove the thick membrane on the bone side of the rack by loosening it until it tears and then grabbing the edge of the membrane with a paper towel and pulling it off. Trim any excess fat on top of the rack down to ⅛ of an inch and trim edges of any “hangers” to shape the rack.
- Evenly season the top and sides with kosher salt, followed by coarse black pepper.
- Using Kingsford® Pecan Charcoal, smoke the ribs at 275°F for approximately 6 hours until the entire rack is tender.
- A dark “bark” will be created from the smoke, fat, salt and pepper, and test for tenderness using a probe. The meat’s internal temperature should be approximately 210°F.
- Rest for at least 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Jeff Knoch Tip:
Remove the center bone by simply pulling it out and then cut the rack into two very large portions. This provides you with a much better “meat to bone” ratio.
Credit: Recipe created by Jeff Knoch of Jeff’s Texas Style BBQ on behalf of Kingsford Charcoal