Jalapeño Pimento Cheese SlidersWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 8 Servings
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1½ pounds ground beef (preferably an 80/20 blend)
- salt and coarse ground pepper
- jalapeño-pimento cheese (recipe follows)
- 8 mini brioche buns
- 1 pound sharp Cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 jalapeño pepper (ribs and seeds removed), minced
- 1 (7 oz.) jar pimentos (drained)
- 3/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Jalapeño-Pimento Cheese Instructions:
Combine all ingredients and mix until well-blended. Refrigerate at least one hour to allow the flavors to combine.
Fire up a full chimney of Original Kingsford® Charcoal, or light a pile of about 100 briquets. Configure the coals for a two-zone fire, placing the briquets on one half of the charcoal grate to create a hot zone for grilling and a cool zone for moving the burgers during flare-ups. Adjust the bottom grill vents for medium-high heat cooking, approximately 400–425°F.
- Gently form ground beef into eight 2-inch patties. Sprinkle both sides of burger patties liberally with salt and pepper.
- Grill burgers until they reach an internal temperature of 160°F. Place burgers on the bottom buns, top each with approximately 2 tablespoons jalapeño-pimento cheese. Add top bun and serve immediately.
- Credit: Clint Cantwell
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.