Italian Sausage Stuffed Zucchini BoatsWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- 4 zucchini, cut lengthwise
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small can Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1 small bunch of basil leaves, chopped for garnish
- Slice the tips off the zucchini and then slice lengthwise. Remove the inner part of the zucchini with a spoon or melon baller so there is a place to add the stuffing.
- Load Kingsford® Charcoal with Hickory into your Masterbuilt Gravity Series 800 Griddle, set temperature to 425°F.
- Add zucchini boats to warming rack.
- Add Italian sausage, garlic, and tomatoes to griddle. Stir to combine. Cook through.
- Scoop sausage mixture into zucchini boats on warming rack. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cook for an additional 10–15 minutes or until the cheese has melted, the zucchini is fork tender, and Italian sausage reaches an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Garnish with fresh basil, serve immediately.
- Credit: Recipe created by Robyn Lindars — Recipe Developer, Grilling Expert, Editor in Chief of Grill Girl Magazine and GrillGirl.com — on behalf of Kingsford and Masterbuilt
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.