Skip to content
Write a Review
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pack flour tortillas
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 2 large jalapeños
- 2 cups high-quality or homemade salsa
- 2 ripe Haas avocados, sliced lengthwise for serving
- 2 cups grated pepper jack cheese OR queso fresco
- 1 lime, use the juice to squirt on the avocado so they don’t turn brown
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Load Kingsford® Charcoal with Hickory in your Masterbuilt Gravity Series 800 Griddle and set temp to 350°F.
- Drizzle olive oil on griddle surface, crack your eggs and let them cook until over easy.
- Place a pot with the black beans and chopped garlic on grill.
- Warm tortillas on warming rack.
- Cook onions on griddle until they caramelize.
- Add jalapeños to griddle to blister. Pro-tip: Blistering jalapeños will take out some of the heat.
- Once onions and jalapeños are done, chop them for serving.
- Move tortillas down to griddle surface to crisp.
- To assemble, layer 2 tortillas with eggs and beans on a plate. Top with a generous amount of cheese, grilled onions, salsa, sour cream, chopped avocado and cilantro. Serve with your favorite hot sauce or chopped jalapeños.
Credit: Recipe created by Robyn Lindars — Recipe Developer, Grilling Expert, Editor in Chief of Grill Girl Magazine and GrillGirl.com — on behalf of Kingsford and Masterbuilt