Hot Dog Studded HamburgerWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1½ lb. ground beef (preferably an 80/20 blend)
- 4 hot dogs (ends removed and cut into ¾ inch sections)
- 4 hamburger buns (lightly toasted)
- other favorite hot dog and/or hamburger toppings
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat cooking, approximately 400°F.
- Form ground beef into 4 patties. Make 5–6 indentions in each burger with your finger and insert a hot dog section into each one.
- Grill patties for 4–5 minutes per side until they reach an internal temperature of 160°F. Remove hot dog studded burger patties from the grill, place on buns, and serve immediately with ketchup, mustard and your favorite hot dog and/or hamburger toppings.
- Credit: Clint Cantwell
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.