Honey Jalapeño Mesquite Chicken Breasts With Grilled Pineapple SalsaWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- 6 pineapple rings
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Kingsford® Honey Jalapeño Mesquite BBQ Sauce
- Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling and preheat it to 400°F.
- Put the pineapple rings over direct heat and grill for 1 minute on each side or until slightly charred. Remove the pineapple from the grill and dice.
- In a small bowl, combine the diced pineapple, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and jalapeño and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly coat the chicken breasts with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken over direct heat and grill until the internal temperature reaches 160°F, about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Paint liberally with Kingsford® Honey Jalapeño Mesquite BBQ Sauce to allow for caramelization.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the grill after 1 minute so that the sauce doesn’t burn and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Top each chicken breast with a generous amount of pineapple salsa and serve.
- Credit: Recipe created by world champion pitmaster, Chris Lilly on behalf of Kingsford® Charcoal.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.