Hatch Chile Cheese BurgerWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- 4 hatch chiles
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 1½ lbs. ground beef (preferably an 80/20 meat-to-fat ratio)
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing
- 4 Kaiser rolls, lightly toasted
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat cooking, approximately 400ºF.
- Place hatch chiles on the grill and cook until blackened on all sides. Remove chiles from the grill and seal in a large re-sealable bag for 10 minutes to steam. Remove the chiles from the bag and remove the charred skins, stems, and seeds. Slice the chiles into strips and set aside.
- Place a small skillet on the grill and add the sliced onions. Cook the onions, stirring frequently until browned and softened. Add the chiles, stir and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Form ground beef into 4 patties. Season liberally on both sides with Kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Place patties on the hot side of the grill and cook for approximately 4-5 minutes per side until they reach an internal temperature of 140ºF for medium, adding a slice of cheese to each during the last minute of cooking.
- Remove the burger patties from the grill. Assemble burgers by spreading ranch dressing on the bottom buns then topping with a burger patty. Top the patties with an even portion of the hatch chile and onion mixture and the top bun. Serve immediately.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.