Skip to content
Grilled Yellow Tomato and Charred Corn Salsa
Write a Review
- 2 pints yellow pear tomatoes
- 1 ear of shucked corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- juice of ½ lime
- 1/2 jalapeño (seeds and ribs removed and minced)
- 1/2 small red onion (minced)
- kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- vegetable grilling basket
- Prepare grill for high heat cooking, placing grill basket on the grill to preheat. Place tomatoes in the grill basket and allow them to cook for approximately 5 minutes, moving them frequently until lightly charred and beginning to split.
- Remove tomatoes from the grill and set aside to cool. Place corn on the grill and cook for approximately 15 minutes until lightly charred on all sides. Remove from the grill and cut the kernels off of the cob.
- Place tomato in a blender or food processor and purée until smooth. Place tomato purée in a medium bowl and add corn kernels, lime juice, jalapeño and onion. Stir to combine all ingredients and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.