Grilled Whole Stuffed Fish
- Yields: 2 Servings
- Cook time: 35 minutes
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 whole red snapper (2.5 lbs) or fillet
- ½ stick Land O’ Lakes Butter (salted)
- ¼ cup raw white onion
- ½ stalk celery, sliced thin or to taste
- 2 baby carrots, sliced thin
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 4 slices lemon
- 2 tablespoons adobo
- Kingsford® Original Charcoal
Heat grill to 300°F using Kingsford® Charcoal Briquets.
Clean fish (butterflied with head intact) or fillet. Slice butter and allow it to get to room temperature. Smear on the bone side of butterflied fish.
Place onions, celery, carrots, cilantro, and lemon on top of butter.
Take adobo (1 tablespoon) and sprinkle half on vegetables and half on the fish.
Close fish with toothpicks and wrap in foil.
Sprinkle adobo (1/2 teaspoon) on each side of the fish.
Tip: Baste fish with 2 slices of lemon, ½ stick of butter, and 2 tablespoons of lemon pepper seasoning.
Sit on bottom part of the grill to melt and baste fish when it is being checked on throughout duration of grilling.
- Credit: Recipe created by Bryan Furman on behalf of Kingsford Charcoal