Grilled Whole Stuffed FishWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 2 Servings
- Cook time: 35 minutes
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 whole red snapper (2.5 lbs) or fillet
- ½ stick Land O’ Lakes Butter (salted)
- ¼ cup raw white onion
- ½ stalk celery, sliced thin or to taste
- 2 baby carrots, sliced thin
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 4 slices lemon
- 2 tablespoons adobo
- Kingsford® Original Charcoal
- Heat grill to 300°F using Kingsford® Charcoal Briquets.
- Clean fish (butterflied with head intact) or fillet. Slice butter and allow it to get to room temperature. Smear on the bone side of butterflied fish.
- Place onions, celery, carrots, cilantro, and lemon on top of butter.
- Take adobo (1 tablespoon) and sprinkle half on vegetables and half on the fish.
- Close fish with toothpicks and wrap in foil.
- Sprinkle adobo (1/2 teaspoon) on each side of the fish.
- Tip: Baste fish with 2 slices of lemon, ½ stick of butter, and 2 tablespoons of lemon pepper seasoning.
- Sit on bottom part of the grill to melt and baste fish when it is being checked on throughout duration of grilling.
- Credit: Recipe created by Bryan Furman on behalf of Kingsford Charcoal
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.