Grilled Steak Tips Wrapped in Fire Roasted Peppers and French Onion DipWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 6–8 Servings
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Prep time: 1 h 30 m
- 5 pounds flank steak
- 5 large red bell peppers
- 1 bunch of thyme
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 container of whole fat Greek plain yogurt
- 1 pack of French onion dip
- juice of one lemon
- red wine vinegar
- Set Masterbuilt Gravity Series to 450°F.
- Grill your bell peppers on all sides, making sure the skin is blistered and blackened.
- Once blackened, add your bell pepper to a GLAD bag and allow them to steam for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove peppers from the bag and use a dry paper towel to rub the burnt skin off the peppers.
- Slice peppers in 1-inch strips.
- Add peppers to a small bowl with thyme, crushed garlic, salt, pepper, bay leaf, olive oil and red wine vinegar and allow to marinate for 1 hour, or up to 48 hours in the fridge.
- Season flank steak with salt and pepper and grill until internal temperature reaches 130°F.
- Allow to rest fully and slice thinly across the grain.
- Match up 1 slice of steak with one slice of roasted pepper and roll into a spiral using a toothpick to hold in place.
- Mix Greek yogurt with chopped thyme, black pepper, lemon juice and French onion mix.
- On your serving plate, smear the yogurt on the plate and arrange the steak and peppers rolls onto the plate. Drizzle the plate with the residual marinade and steak drippings.
- Credit: Recipe created by Jean-Paul Bourgeois on behalf of Kingsford and Masterbuilt
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.