Grilled Salmon with Cherry Thyme GlazeWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- 4 wild caught salmon fillets
- dash of sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 18-ounce jar cherry preserves
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 thyme, large bunch
- Melt butter in a saucepan and sauté the shallots until translucent, about 5–7 minutes. Add preserves and red wine and bring to a low boil to allow the sauce to reduce. Let simmer for about 30 minutes until it has reduced in size by half. While making the sauce, start your grill.
- Prepare your grill for direct heat, 350°F. Use a cast iron pan or griddle for the fish so it doesn’t stick to the grates. Butter the grill pan and add the salmon fillets. Cook until the internal temp has reached 145°F with an internal read thermometer.
- Generously spoon the cherry glaze over the salmon fillets and garnish with additional thyme. Serve immediately.
- Credit: Recipe by Robyn Lindars of Grill Girl
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.