Grilled Jalapeño Poppers with BaconWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 6 Servings
- Cook time: 12 minutes
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1 packet (1 ounce) Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dips Mix
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 18–20 large peppers (Note: For a less spicy substitute, try 6–8 small poblano peppers instead.)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 6 ounces (1½ cups) aged provolone cheese shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- Mix dipping sauce ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl and refrigerate.
- Fry bacon, drain and let cool. Crumble bacon into cream cheese and add all additional ingredients. Mix together well. Place cream cheese mixture inside a quart-size GLAD® Food Storage Bag. Cut off one of the corners to make a pastry bag.
- Cut off the top of the peppers approximately ¼ of an inch from the base of the stem and set tops aside. Stuff cream cheese mixture in top of peppers and replace caps. Wrap each pepper tightly in foil.
- Place wrapped peppers on the grill grate directly over a hot bed of Kingsford® charcoal and turn frequently for 10–12 minutes. Remove from the grill, let cool, unwrap and serve with Hidden Valley® Ranch dipping sauce to cool down the spice from the peppers.
- Credit: Alan Clifton
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.