Grilled Chicken Souvlaki KabobsWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 12 Servings
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Tzatziki Sauce (recipe follows)
- pita or flatbread
- 12 wooden skewers (soaked for at least 1 hour)
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- ½ cucumber (seeded and diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- kosher salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes. Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and thyme in a large resealable bag. Add chicken to the bag and seal while removing as much air from the bag as possible. Shake the bag to combine all ingredients and refrigerate for 1–2 hours.
- Prepare grill for two-zone cooking, placing pre-heated Kingsford® charcoal briquets on one side of the grill’s charcoal grate to create a hot and cool zone. Replace the main cooking grate and adjust the bottom vents to bring the temperature to 400°F.
- Remove chicken from the marinade, pat dry, then season with kosher salt and black pepper. Thread chicken onto the skewers then place on the grill. Cook for 2–3 minutes per side until lightly charred. Move the kabobs to the cool side of the grill and allow them to continue cooking until the chicken reaches and internal temperature of 165°F. Serve immediately with tzatziki sauce and pita or flatbread.
- Tzatziki Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and blend well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Credit: Clint Cantwell
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.