Grilled Chicken and Black Bean Breakfast BurritoWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 5 Servings
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes
- 1/2 medium white onion sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 4 ounces queso fresco crumbled
- Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling using Kingsford® charcoal and preheat to 400°F.
- Grill the tomatoes, onion slices,and peppers over direct heat and cook for about 5 minutes, turning once, until they char and start to soften. Remove the vegetables from the grill.
- Chop the tomatoes, and slice the onions and peppers into thin strips.
- In a skillet, add the vegetables, beans, cilantro, garlic, cumin, lime juice, salt and cayenne.
- Place the skillet on the grill and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through. Remove the skillet from the grill and set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and grill for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until an internal temperature of 160°F is reached.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips.
- Divide the chicken evenly over each tortilla. Top with the vegetable mixture and the cheese.Fold neatly into a burrito.
- Grill the burritos for 1 to 2 minutes over direct heat or until crispy and heated through.
- Credit: Recipe created by world champion pitmaster, Chris Lilly on behalf of Kingsford® charcoal.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.