Skip to content
Grilled Buffalo Wings
Write a Review
- 12 chicken wings
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (preferably Franks or Louisiana brand)
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- blue cheese dressing
- carrot sticks
- celery sticks
- Prepare grill for indirect cooking, placing preheated Kingsford® Charcoal with Hickory on one side of the bottom grill grate to create a hot and cool side. Add 2–3 chunks of your favorite smoking wood to the charcoal, replace the main cooking grate, and adjust bottom vents so that the grill temperature is approximately 400°F.
- Pat chicken wings dry and season liberally with salt and pepper. Place the wings on the hot side of the grill and cook for approximately 5 minutes, turning frequently until browned and crisp. Move wings to the cool side of the grill, cover the grill, and allow them to continue cooking until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
- As the wings finish cooking, place a small saucepan on the hot side of the grill and add the butter. Once the butter has melted add the hot sauce and heat for another 2–3 minutes until heated through, stirring frequently.
- Remove wings from the grill and place in a large resealable bag along with the buffalo wing sauce. Seal the bag and shake to coat the wings completely. Plate the wings and serve with blue cheese dressing, carrot and celery.