Grilled Buffalo Shrimp Crostini with Blue Cheese ButterWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 6 Servings
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles (preferably Salemville Smokehaus Blue)
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 6 ¼-inch thick slices Italian bread
- canola cooking spray
- 12 raw medium tail-on shrimp
- ¾ cup hot sauce (preferably Franks or Louisiana brand)
- Prepare the grill for medium-high heat cooking, approximately 400°F.
- Combine blue cheese crumbles and ½ stick (4 tbsp.) room temperature unsalted butter in a small bowl and blend well. Store blue cheese butter at room temperature while preparing the crostini and buffalo shrimp.
- Spray both sides of the sliced bread with canola cooking spray then grill until lightly browned on both sides. Remove and set aside. Grill the shrimp for 3–4 minutes per side until they turn pink and are cooked through.
- Once the shrimp has cooked, place a small saucepan on the hot side of the grill and add the remaining butter (12 tbsp.) and hot sauce. Allow the buffalo sauce to warm for approximately 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and stir to coat the shrimp completely with the buffalo sauce.
- To assemble the crostini, spread blue cheese butter on the topside of each toasted bread slice. Place 2 buffalo shrimp on each blue cheese buttered crostini and serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.