Grilled Belgian Style MusselsWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4–6 Servings
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- 2 pounds mussels (scrubbed clean and debearded)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup Belgian ale
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 lemon (halved and cut in to ¼ inch slices)
- 2 shallots (thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Prepare grill for high heat cooking, approximately 450°F. Create a bowl using a double layer of aluminum foil and add all of the ingredients.
- Crimp the top of the foil to create a seal packet. Place the packet on the grill and allow the mussels to steam for approximately 10 minutes until the shells pop open. Remove the foil packet from the grill and carefully open the foil to allow the steam to escape.
- Pour the mussels, lemon slices and liquid in to bowls and serve immediately.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.