Fiery Korean Beef SkewersWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 12–15 Servings
- Cook time: 8 minutes
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons Korean red pepper paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated red pepper flakes
- 11 teaspoon sesame oil
- pound sirloin (cut into ½-inch thick strips)
- wooden skewers (soaked in water for at least 1 hour)
- Combine canola oil, Korean red pepper paste, soy sauce, garlic, red pepper flakes, ginger and sesame oil in a bowl and whisk until the oil is completely incorporated into the marinade. Place steak strips into a large resealable bag and add the marinade. Remove as much air as possible from the bag while sealing and refrigerate for 4–6 hours.
- Prepare grill for high heat cooking, approximately 450°F. As the grill comes to temperature, remove the beef from the marinade and pat dry. Thread each slice of beef onto a skewer and grill for 2–3 minutes per side until they reach an internal temperature of 130°F for medium rare. Serve immediately.
- Credit: Clint Cantwell
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.