Elote (Grilled Mexican Street Corn)
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ears corn (husked)
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 juice of a lime
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Heat grill to medium heat.
Drizzle olive oil over the ears corn and place on grill for 3–4 minutes rotating on each side until slightly charred. Remove corn from grill.
Place sour cream in a bowl with ancho chile, cayenne, cumin, lime juice and salt. Mix well. Using a brush, brush this mixture over the corn and sprinkle with Cotija cheese and chopped cilantro.
- Credit: Recipe courtesy of Chef Brandon Frohne, Executive Chef at Mason’s Nashville