Skip to content
Elote (Grilled Mexican Street Corn)
Write a Review
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ears corn (husked)
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 juice of a lime
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Drizzle olive oil over the ears corn and place on grill for 3–4 minutes rotating on each side until slightly charred. Remove corn from grill.
- Place sour cream in a bowl with ancho chile, cayenne, cumin, lime juice and salt. Mix well. Using a brush, brush this mixture over the corn and sprinkle with Cotija cheese and chopped cilantro.
Credit: Recipe courtesy of Chef Brandon Frohne, Executive Chef at Mason’s Nashville