Skip to content
’Cued Kielbasa Sandwiches
Write a Review
- 3 cups green cabbage, shredded
- ½ small onion, julienned
- ½ tablespoons jalapeño, minced
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 pound bag frozen straight-cut french fries
- 4 kielbasa sausages
- 4 hoagie buns or other long sandwich rolls
- ½ cup KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce
- To make the coleslaw, place the cabbage, onions and jalapeño in a bowl. In a smaller bowl, mix the apple cider vinegar, mustard, mayonnaise and sugar together. Toss with the cabbage mixture until evenly coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Make the french fries according to package directions. If they are not seasoned well enough, add a little bit of salt when they come out of the oven.
- Using Kingsford® Original Charcoal, build a charcoal fire for direct grilling and preheat to 400°F.
- Butterfly kielbasa by slicing them lengthwise without cutting all the way through. Open gently so they lay flat on the grill.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, until charred in spots and hot throughout. For your safety, please reference the USDA safe cooking temperatures.
- To build the sandwiches, place a kielbasa inside each roll, top with plenty of coleslaw and french fries, and drizzle with barbecue sauce. Serve immediately.
- Note: If you’d prefer to make your own fries, peel 1½ pounds potatoes and cut into sticks. Soak in water for 1–2 hours; then rinse and dry well. Heat three inches of vegetable oil in a pot. Fry twice; the first time for about 3–5 minutes until softened but still pale (drain and dry), and the second time for 3–5 minutes, until golden brown. Season to taste with salt.
- Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball. Visit MLB.com.