Crab Bisque with Grilled Corn and Poblano PepperWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 16-ounce can lump crab meat
- 3 ears white and yellow corn
- 1 poblano pepper
- 2 medium white potatoes peeled, cubed
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Grill corn and poblano pepper until lightly charred on all sides.
- Remove from grill and cut corn kernels off of the cob.
- Remove stem and core from the poblano and cut in to 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place pot on the grill and add butter.
- Once butter is melted, add minced shallot and sauté until translucent.
- Add chicken stock, cream, cubed potato, poblano, corn and crab meat.
- Simmer for approximately 30 minutes, add salt and pepper to taste, blend in cilantro and serve immediately.
- Credit: Clint Cantwell
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.