Chipotle Coffee Marinated Ribeye with Red Pepper & Goat Cheese AioliWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Prep time: 50 minutes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 red peppers cut in half, seeded
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes large slices
- 3 tablespoons freshly ground coffee
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 ribeye steaks (about 8 ounces each)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground chipotle chiles
- ½ cup goat cheese
- ½ cup olive oil divided
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- Light grill using Kingsford® Charcoal with Sure Fire® Grooves.
- Combine ¼ cup olive oil, coffee and chipotle chile in bowl. Place steaks in bowl to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Wrap garlic cloves in small piece of aluminum foil. Place in fire; roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the garlic feels soft. Use tongs to remove from fire.
- Coat potatoes and red peppers in remaining olive oil.
- Season steaks, potatoes and peppers with salt and black pepper.
- Grill steaks, 6 to 10 minutes each side or until desired doneness. Grill potatoes and peppers for 6 to 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- In a coffee grinder, purée roasted garlic and one red pepper half until smooth. Transfer mixture to a bowl and add mayo, goat cheese, lemon juice and cilantro; mix well and season to taste.
- When the steaks and potatoes are grilled, divide onto four plates. Julienne grilled red pepper for garnish. Top each steak with 2 tablespoons of goat cheese sauce aioli.
- Credit: David Garrido
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.