Skip to content
Chili-Lime Bison Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Write a Review
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lime zest (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 6-ounce bison top sirloin steaks
- chimichurri sauce (recipe follows)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine salt, lime zest, chili powder, paprika, cilantro, onion powder and garlic powder, and stir to combine. Add olive oil and stir to create a wet paste. Spread wet rub paste on the steaks and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare grill for high heat cooking, approximately 450°F. Grill steaks for approximately 6 minutes per side until they reach an internal temperature of 130°F for medium-rare.
- Remove steaks from the grill and allow them to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving along with the chimichurri sauce.