Cheesy Bacon Wrapped MeatballsWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 6 Servings
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ½ lb ground pork
- 1 lb pepper jack cheese (1-in cubes)
- ½ lb thin sliced bacon
- 1 small sweet onion
- 2 fresh jalapeño (minced)
- 1/3 cup instant mashed potatoes seeded and minced (optional, leave seeds in for extra heat)
- 2 tsp onion powder (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- wooden skewers (soaked in water minimum 1 hr before grilling)
- Set cheese and bacon aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Using meat mixture, form meatball in hand (2–3 oz.), push center in and place 1 cube pepper jack cheese, roll in hand to close in cheese and create a solid stuffed meatball with no holes.
- Place bacon strip on cutting board and press/stretch out gently with hands. (Thinning out bacon will ensure a crispy grilled product and make bacon go further. Depending on size of meatball, you may only use 1/2 a strip per ball.)
- Wrap meatball completely and place on skewer (optional).
- Grill over your favorite Kingsford® flavor briquet until bacon is crispy and meat is cooked thoroughly.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.