Skip to content
Charred Green Bean Salad with Roasted Bell Peppers, Feta, and Calabrian Chili Oil
- 1 pound green beans
- 6-10 small sweet bell peppers (if not available cut up 2 large red and yellow bell peppers into 5-6 pieces each)
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1/2 cup or 3”x3” block cubed into large chunks (don’t crumble) feta cheese
- Calabrian chilies (in oil)
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Light the Masterbuilt Gravity Series™ 1050 Digital Charcoal Grill + Smoker and set it to 550 degrees F.
- Vinaigrette - In a bowl mix olive oil (½ cup), sherry vinaigrette, salt, pepper, minced garlic, oregano, sugar. Whisk thoroughly. Pro Tip – Usually vinaigrette is three to one, but we did two to one so it’s thicker and doesn’t pool at the bottom of the dish.
- Green Beans and Bell Peppers - In separate bowls coat the green beans and bell peppers in Olive Oil (1-2 tbsp approx.), Salt and Pepper (generous pinch of each).
- Toss coated green beans and bell peppers on the grill keeping them separate and cook for 2 minutes or until blistered. Flip and grill the other side for 2 minutes.
- Once your vegetables are cooled to room temperature – dice up cooked bell peppers into large chunks and cut your green beans in half.
- Take the seeds out as much as you can, and mix in with green beans, white onions, feta cheese, and approx. 3 tbsp of the vinaigrette you made in the prep portion (add more or less to taste, the rest will stay in the fridge for a couple of weeks).
- Toss together and top with diced Calabrian chilis (3 or 4) and drizzle with Calabrian chili oil.
Credit: Recipe created by Meherwan Irani on behalf of Kingsford and Masterbuilt