Char Siu RibsWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 2 Servings
- Cook time: 3 h
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin rice wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 slab babyback ribs (membrane removed and cut in half)
- Combine the first 11 ingredients in a large bowl and blend well. Place the ribs in a large resealable bag and add the sauce. Seal the bag while remove any excess air. Refrigerate overnight (8–12 hours).
- Prepare smoker or grill for indirect cooking, adding 3–4 of your favorite wood chunks to the charcoal briquets. Adjust smoker or grill vents to bring the temperature to approximately 250°F. Remove the ribs from the bag and pat dry with paper towels. Place on the smoker or grill, cover and allow them to cook until tender, approximately 3 hours. Remove from heat and serve.
- Credit: Clint Cantwell
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.